Tuesday, July 26, 2011
- It is impossible to lick your elbow (busted)
- A crocodile can't stick it's tongue out.
- A shrimp's heart is in it's head.
- People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze,your heart stops for a mili-second.
- In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand.
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
- A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
- More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
- Rats and horses can't vomit.
- If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib.
- If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
- If you keep your eyes open by force when you sneeze, you might pop an eyeball out.
- Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
- Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
- In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
- Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
- A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
- 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.
- In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders.
Friday, July 22, 2011
Thursday, July 21, 2011
There are tug of war clubs in many countries, and both men and women participate.
The sport was part of the Olympic Games from 1900 until 1920, but has not been included since. The sport is contested in the World Games. The Tug of War International Federation (TWIF), organises World Championships for nation teams biannually, for both indoor and outdoor contests, and a similar competition for club teams.
In England the sport is catered for by the Tug of War Association (formed in 1958), and the Tug of War Federation of Great Britain (formed in 1984). In Scotland, the Scottish Tug of War Association was formed in 1980. The sport also features in Highland Games there.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
On Flitch Day we recognize that 1980's comedy classic starring Chevy Chase. Wait, that's not right. No, Flitch Day recognizes the custom of awarding a flitch of bacon (the side cut of the pig) to married couples who make it through their first year and a day with no regrets. This tradition started in 15th century England and is still carried on in some towns today. So to all of you newlyweds out there, may your only regret be that you didn't get more free bacon throughout the year.
I would prefer a piece of Kevin Bacon myself!!!!!
Monday, July 18, 2011
Well, here's a holiday I won't be celebrating.
Today is National Caviar Day. I know that caviar doesn't have to be just for rich people anymore, but I can't help but think that they're the only people who will celebrate this day -- riding around in limos, wearing their tuxedos and tiaras, eating Beluga caviar and lighting their cigars with burning ten dollar bills (sorry, I get all my knowledge of wealthy people from old TV shows and Richie Rich comic books).
Or maybe this is the day when the rest of us can try caviar for the first time. And by "us," I mean "you," because there is no way I'm trying fish eggs. Maybe you can try that recipe in the pic above. It's a Swedish favorite, a sandwich made with hard boiled eggs and cod roe caviar in a tube.
Friday, July 15, 2011
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Don’t be shocked if you see people showing a little more skin than usual today. July 14th is National Nude Day! Now, we’re not exactly sure how to pull this off (no pun intended), but we’re pretty sure you’re supposed to embrace nudity for the day. Unfortunately these holidays always have unintended consequences and we find ourselves witnessing sights that nobody wants to see. You have to take the good with the bad.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
We at Stinky Gringo Margaritas are excited to announce the authorization of our delicious Original & Strawberry Margaritas in the Seven County Metro-Milwaukee
Pick N Save/Metro Markets Grocery Chain. , , , , , , and stores have all began handling
our beloved Margarita. In Total 68 stores began selling Stinky Gringo as of July 1st, 2011.
Monday, July 11, 2011
If this task sounds like kind of a downer, then you may be sitting on the cheery side of the fence. And you're just the kind of person we need. We can all get a little lonely now and then, and sometimes all it takes to brighten our day is a visit or a phone call from a friend. If you know someone who seems a little lonesome -- perhaps someone who celebrated Teddy Bear Picnic Day yesterday, for instance -- then send a little smile their way.
Thursday, July 7, 2011
For a new twist on the classic dessert, celebrate the day with this recipe for a Super Strawberry Sundae Pie from That Creative Mom Cooks!
Super Strawberry Sundae Pie
1 pint strawberries, sliced
1 (9-inch) reduced-fat or regular graham cracker pie crust
4 cups softened vanilla ice cream
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoon chocolate topping (optional)
Whipped cream (for garnish)
Marachino cherries (for garnish)
Line the bottom of the pie shell with the sliced strawberries; top with 2 cups of the ice cream. Drizzle 1/3 cup chocolate topping over ice cream. Add another layer of strawberries. Spoon remaining ice cream evenly over pie. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate topping. Freeze several hours or overnight.
Let thaw 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped cream, remaining strawberries and marachino cherries.
Yields 8 servings.