Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011


Well, here's a holiday I won't be celebrating.

Today is National Caviar Day. I know that caviar doesn't have to be just for rich people anymore, but I can't help but think that they're the only people who will celebrate this day -- riding around in limos, wearing their tuxedos and tiaras, eating Beluga caviar and lighting their cigars with burning ten dollar bills (sorry, I get all my knowledge of wealthy people from old TV shows and Richie Rich comic books).

Or maybe this is the day when the rest of us can try caviar for the first time. And by "us," I mean "you," because there is no way I'm trying fish eggs. Maybe you can try that recipe in the pic above. It's a Swedish favorite, a sandwich made with hard boiled eggs and cod roe caviar in a tube.


No comments: